1.31.2009

Naming a blog

Finding a name for a blog can be a tricky thing. I stewed for a long time before choosing my domain name, cacho-de-pan, and then even more giving it an actual title. Cacho de pan is one of my favorite Spanish phrases that I learned from my favorite Spanish companion, Eva Díaz. She would call me a "cacho de pan," which literally translated means "piece of bread." More correctly translated it would be a really nice person. I think it's appropriate that Spaniards would use such a term as a compliment, because they really love their bread, and I don't blame them because I really love their bread too.

I still really needed a title though, since I didn't necessarily want to use the title "Cacho de Pan". So I enlisted Doug, the creative genius in my life, to help me come up with a name. We spent a long time doing a little free association exercise and he (with a little help from me) came up with the title. So welcome to "Crumbs of Puddle Jumping."

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Jen! It's so much better than facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's about time! can't wait to see some adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo! I love your blog Jen and the bright blue circles are so fun. I am already finding sunshine in you tasty reflections. :)

    ReplyDelete