Over the past week or so, I have been devouring the The Chronicles of Narnia series. A couple months ago, I picked up a copy The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, which I loved. This week I was at my parents’ house and saw the rest of the series. I couldn't help myself, and now I'm addicted. What fabulous books. Those stories are thick with symbolism that I might have missed reading them as a child. I think that every adult should read the Chronicles of Narnia regardless of whether or not you read them as a child. You will not be disappointed. They're definitely on my list of books to read aloud to my kids someday- and yes, that list really does exist.
Side note: I have had this rap stuck in my head all week, and I really didn’t know where it came from. Upon further in investigation, I found out that “The Chro-ni-(what)-cles of Nar-ni-a” comes from an SNL sketch that I had never seen before. I have no idea where I got it from. Ah the power of pop culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment