Today I went to the homecoming of my wonderful mission president and his wife, the DuValls. They are two of the finest people in the world.

I know that most people think that they have the greatest mission president in the world-- but they are wrong (unless they served in the Spain Bilbao Mission). President DuVall had a way of motivating missionaries, not because they were scared of him, but because they wanted to live up to the great potential that he saw in them. He truly led with love. Hermana DuVall is one of the most caring people that I know. I was amazed how with so many missionaries that they had in the mission, she remembered little details about what was going on with me in my missionary work and even with my family. Some of my favorite times were sitting with Hermana DuVall while my companion was in her interview with the president. Besides, it was always fun to talk to another woman that shared my passion for BYU football--she sacrificed three seasons and I only missed one. After I left two years ago, they have been wonderful at keeping in touch. Every time I would write them, they would quickly respond with a long and detailed email. Amazing.
It was so good to hear them speak again. It felt like we were in zone conference. They spoke about miracles, a great topic as it was one of their themes as mission presidents. They always tried to help us to recognize the many miracles we witnessed. I feel like it was a miracle that I got called to serve under the leadership of the incredible DuValls.
Here is a photo of the former missionaries that were there. It felt like zone conference all over again as we lined up for the traditional picture.
How great to have a mission reunion. They sound like amazing people.
ReplyDelete