I'm teaching four different classes: Geography, Modern World History, Financial Literacy, and Government and Citizenship. The first day went fairly smoothly, other than the fact that a lot of my students didn't have my classroom and name on their schedule, so it took a few minutes for everyone to figure out where they were supposed to be. I like my students already.
8.20.2009
First day of school...
I have been meaning to update my blog for awhile with the summer goings on, but summer ended today (for me). Yep. It's back to school, except for the first time I'm a TEACHER! I have my own classroom and everything. I got hired a week ago to teach at Westlake High School in Saratoga Springs. Not only was it my first day as a high school teacher, but it was the school's first day as well. It's a beautiful facility with fabulous administration and I feel lucky to be able to be a part of its opening. I am a little overwhelmed not having had much time to prepare, but it will come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe you're a teacher Jen! How awesome. Your kids are definitely lucky to be in your class.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be such an awesome teacher, Jen! I am so excited for you. I think this is going to be such a fun year for you! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! That sounds so very grown up of you! I can't imagine teaching high school, but I think you will be great at it! Good Luck!
ReplyDelete