3.29.2010

Identity theft is not a joke, Jen!

I have been thinking about this clip from The Office this weekend since someone was parading around California spending my hard-earned money.



At the very least, I hope they wore mustard yellow (my new favorite color) said something like, "Question: Who is the best BYU basketball player ever?", "Fact: Cougars love capitalism. Cougars. Capitalism. Classical music."

Thankfully, Visa reimburses you for unauthorized transactions from you account, and the credit union was more than helpful. I still can't understand though, how ANYONE could have the audacity to steal someone's credit card number. You have to be pretty darn self-absorbed not to think about the effect that it could have on someone else's life. I mean, for all they knew I was some single mother with starving children. I guess most criminals don't think about other people, or they wouldn't be criminals. Unbelievable.

4 comments:

  1. Very good alliteration! I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if the thief was a single mother with starving children?


    also, this was possibly my favorite episode of the office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jen that stinks! I'm glad it all got sorted out, what a pain.

    That really is possibly the best clip from the office, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that is terrible. I'm glad you caught it before weeks went by, but sorry about the hassle.

    ReplyDelete