4.19.2010

What do you call a perfect spring day?

I absolutely love the spring. The past few days have been glorious. They have included three picnics, a long walk, a bike ride up the canyon, tennis, blossoms on the trees against the snow-capped mountains, green in the foothills, and a lot of sunshine.



Doug and I were discussing what adjective you could give the perfect spring day. Autumn has the word crisp that perfectly encapsulates everything about a great autumn day-- and you only really use it to describe the fall. The best word we could come up with for spring is fresh. A fresh spring day. It may not be as commonly used as crisp is for autumn, but I think it captures the essence of what makes a spring day wonderful: the freshness of the flowers, the sunshine, the newness of life. Can anyone think of a better adjective? Also, what adjectives best describe ideal summer and winter days?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! I have one for Winter... how about Cozy? Well... that is probably because I prefer to spend winter INSIDE. I don't have any for outside. And Cozy maybe doesn' have ENOUGH in it. Okay I'm bad at this.

    I just did an I Love Spring post too! Spring is the best!

    ReplyDelete