5.08.2010

A Tribute to my Mom

Thursday I was sitting by the tennis courts at Timpanogos High School, hungry and cold. I was planning on grabbing something to eat on my way to coach the divisional tennis tournament, but I left the school later than I had hoped to, so I wasn't able to stop on my way down. I was so hungry, and my mom was so close, that I decided to call her to see if she might have a chance to drop something off for me. I felt a little sheepish calling her (I am 25 years old), but I decided to do it anyway.

As I got on the phone with my mom, she told me that she had to take Matt (23-year-old, married) to work, and then to pick her mom up to go to a dinner, but if she had time, she would drop something by. A little while later, I saw my mom walking up with a cup of tomato basil soup and a delicious roll. It was perfect.

I chuckled a little because it was like my brother and I were back in high school. But then I was so grateful that she was willing to go out of her way to help me. As an adult, your relationship with your mom changes (as it should), but your mom is still your mom no matter how old you get. It was a great Mother's Day moment this week that reminded me why my mom is so wonderful.



I love you, Mom. You're the best. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. It's true. There are so many times that mom has gone out of her way to help me. Like shopping for a formal gown in another continent and shipping it priority mail, so I wouldn't miss the event. She's one of a kind! And i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a great mother and I love her. What a sweet story too.

    ReplyDelete