1.17.2011

Dancing Up a Storm

The ballroom team at Westlake puts on a show called "Dancing Up a Storm" (we're the Westlake Thunder). It's like "Dancing with the Stars" where the pros are the dance students and the stars are teachers, students, and members of the community. I was asked to be a "star" for the show. Last Saturday was round one and this Saturday is round two.

I felt sorry for the poor kid who had to teach me to dance, but we had a really fun time, and we ended up doing pretty well on our cha cha last Saturday. We got a 7, 8 and 9 (that judge gave me brownie points because I'm the tennis coach).

I was grateful to have a great cheering section, including my parents (who were in the MTC last week, but got to come), my sister and her kids, Tasha, Jenilyn, and some of my tennis girls. Here, however, is my biggest fan:


Isn't he handsome?

This Saturday we will be doing our quickstep routine. I have to admit that I'll be glad to be done.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I would love to come be in your cheering section!!!! you're so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look hot, Jen! I love that you did the competition, I wish we could have been there to cheer you on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a total hottie! I'm so sad we are missing it, but am sure you're the bomb on the dance floor.

    ReplyDelete