3.26.2011

Taylor and Jen Love Story Q & A


Since I got a few of you curious from my last post, here are the details, FAQ style.

Q. Who is the lucky fellow?
A. Taylor Ralston. He’s from the Sacramento area. He’s about to finish his degree in Chemical Engineering at BYU. He’s brilliant. He wants to work in the biomedical engineering field. He is very curious and loves to learn new things. He loves to sing and play the piano. I love to listen to him or sing with him. He has a wonderful family. He is good to the core. He is a family history ninja. He is really fun to be around and doesn’t take himself too seriously. He cares a lot about other people. I could go on for hours, but I’ll spare you the excessive sap. I’ll just tell you that I love him.



Q. How did you meet?
A. We met at church. Taylor gave a talk the second week he was in the ward, and I was impressed. I also thought he was attractive. He noticed me too when I made some comments in Sunday School. I was wearing pearls, which he loves. He came up and introduced himself to me after church and we had a short conversation.

It took a few weeks, but he finally asked me out. We went and hit golf balls at the driving range and got some Cold Stone. The last time I went on a date to the driving range was disastrous (my golfing skills are subpar), so I tried to hint to him that it wouldn’t be a good idea. He didn’t get the hint and we went anyway. This date turned out much better than I imagined, since Taylor isn’t necessarily an avid golfer and not judgmental of my golfing skills. We got along so well, and had so much to talk about. He kept asking me out, and I happily obliged.

Q. How did he propose?
A. On Thursday, March 10 we were supposed to go on a date to the Provo Beach Resort, a new games center that is located in the Riverwoods. I knew that a proposal was imminent, but I wasn’t sure when it would happen. The fact that we were going somewhere akin to Trafalga made me think that it wouldn’t happen, but I was suspicious of a change of plans, so I made sure to look good and to bring my camera.

We got to the place, and we decided that it would be fun to visit, but maybe with kids or with a group of people, so Taylor asked if we could go for a walk around Riverwoods. For those of you who haven’t been there recently (or have never been there), it is an outdoor pedestrian mall that they just redid it with lights, bonfires, fountains, etc. It’s very romantic.

As we were walking, a couple asked us if we would take their picture. Taylor obliged, and then asked them if they would take our picture.

We took the photo, and it looked like this:



Since it turned out kind of dark, the people wanted to take another. I turned around, and Taylor said that we should try this pose:


And of course I was delighted, and said YES!


He put the ring on my finger.



We were thrilled!



Q. When is the big day?
A. June 25, 2011 and we’re getting married here:



Q. What does your ring look like?
A. This:



I had Taylor pick it out. I love it. I wouldn’t have done a better job if I had picked it out myself.

Q. Aren’t your parents on a mission in London? Can they come home for your wedding?
A. Yes and YES!!! I just got the news today and I’m so happy!

15 comments:

  1. So fun! We're excited for you guys and I love your ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! How fun! I'm so excited your family will be there!
    Bree Heaton (Lemke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your cute story! I am so so so so so so happy for you, and Taylor seems like the PERFECT match for you...though he'll still have to pass the Panel. :) What a lucky guy!! CONGRATULATIONS, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story, beautiful ring, and that's awesome that your parents get to come home! By the way, I get into Utah that day...are you having a reception? I might actually be able to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That is my happy scream/squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I loved it! Thanks so much for answering all my questions... but I am sure I can think of more! :) I am excited to see you! Lot's of love and I am so so so so so so so so so excited. Opps I think I left out some soooooooo's :)
    -Love, Kamrah King

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am SOOOO glad that you posted this! How exciting! He sounds wonderful, and how cute that you have all the pictures to go along with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! so happy for you guysm, you look so cute together. Where in Sacramento is he from? I just moved from Rocklin, which is a suburb of Sacramento, so I just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! thanks for filling us in:) CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! Can I come to your wedding??:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ali, I'm from Rocklin too. Where in Rocklin? My parents live over by Granite Oaks Junior High.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!! I love the Q&A and feel that all of my questions are answered but one. Where did Taylor serve his mission? I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited for both of you and can't wait for the June 25th, now less than 3 months away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!!!!! We are so happy! And so excited for you guys. It was fun getting to see the pictures and fill in some pieces in your love story :) You guys are such a wonderful match. We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Jen!!! We are so excited!! I loved the Q&A! You are a very cute couple! See you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering how things were going with you...looks like they're great! I'm so excited for you and look forward to seeing you soon. Have fun!
    -Kristine

    ReplyDelete