10.14.2009

All I Have to Do Is Dream

Teaching at a high school, I have many people around me that are concerned about my romantic well being. I have a tennis player that is convinced that I am going to be her aunt. My sister-in-law warned me that this might happen, and she was right.


I don't remember what I said to prompt such a response, but one day someone in my government class said, "You need a boyfriend." Upon that suggestion, each student went through his or her mental rolodex looking for a single male of the appropriate age. One kid (who is unfortunate enough to have me for two different classes) responded, "I have a brother! He likes politics." Since then, he hasn't given up on the dream of having his teacher double as his sister-in-law. Every time we have class he reminds me of his brother's relationship status. He even tried to get me to hike Timp at sunrise with his brother and him. I kindly told him that if I were to go out with his brother (a big IF), I certainly wouldn't want him as our chaperone.


So after much prodding, I finally capitulated and went out with the brother... in my dream a couple nights ago. It's true. I had a dream that I went out with the brother of my student and I don't even know what he looks like. I think I need to spend a little less time at school.

2 comments:

  1. That is great Jen! I'm glad to see that the kids you devote your time and energy too are devoted to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do it. One of my friends dated the dad of a 6th grader and it was a train wreck!!

    ReplyDelete