7.31.2010

Coast to Coast: San Diego

A few days after my arrival from New York, I took off for a vacation to San Diego with the Robertson Clan. Everyone was there but Matt and Jessica (who we missed very much). It was a blast. Here are the highlights of my West Coast adventure:

*Being with my family. It was a weekend filled with great conversation and a lot of laughter. For those of you who don't know my parents and siblings, you are missing out. They are some of the best people in the world.

*Laughing at the funny things my nieces and nephews say. I don't think it's just my familial bias when I say that these kids are some of the cutest around.





*Going boogie boarding. We spent a lot of time in the ocean since we were in a house right next to the beach. I either hadn't gone boogie boarding before, or it has been a lot of years, because I never knew how much I loved it. There is something so thrilling about the feeling of being pushed to the shore by a great wave.

*Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. It was my first time at Sea World, and it was pretty awesome. They had some great shows (albeit a little cheesy at times). The zoo was also fun, and HUGE. Just taking a bus ride around the whole zoo tired us out.

We had so much fun being together. I now have siblings that live in Texas, Arizona, California, Utah and Argentina (well, in a few weeks), so it's fun to have everyone together. I can't wait for the next Robertson reunion!

2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun week!!! We loved it. And we loved getting to spend it with you. You are the superstar aunt, Jen. You are wonderful! We can't wait for the next one either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jen! You got some great pictures and I need copies since mine are terrible. You do have a great family and I'm so glad to be in it. Thanks for EVERYTHING you did to help us with the kids. You definitely win aunt of the year!

    ReplyDelete